Celebrating 50 Years in Our Community
Nebraska Community Blood Bank opened on October 14, 1968 and has spent the past 50 years growing into an innovative leader in blood banking. In 2018 we celebrate this exciting milestone, and want to thank the people who have helped us achieve a half century of success: our founders, blood donors, sponsors, hospital partners, staff, and volunteers. The growth and success we have seen has only been possible because of their contributions. Read our story here.
Help us set the course for the next half century as we strive to be the best we can be, helping save and sustain even more lives through blood donation.
Help Us Celebrate
Join us as we recognize this exciting milestone and plan for the future.
- Share your story! Tell us who inspired you to become a blood donor, or share a special moment you have as a blood recipient, staff member, volunteer, or community partner.
- Read about 50 years of dedicated blood donors. We couldn't do it without you!
- Share your memories on social media and tag us using #NCBB50th. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Celebrate our future! It's with your help we are able to continue our life-saving work. Learn more about scheduling a donation, hosting a blood drive, volunteering, or making a financial gift.
50th Anniversary Events & Recognition
Throughout 2018 we will celebrate with fun events and memorable occasions.
- Nebraska Community Blood Bank celebrated its 50th blood drive of its anniversary year at Nebraska Wesleyan. See pictures of the event here
- The Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce recognized NCBB's 50th anniversary at their Business Excellence Awards Celebration.
- The Nebraska National Guard held its 50th blood drive with NCBB on September 20